On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Food and Drink - Angela Harnett - Italian Food
- 20:30 - Food and Drink - Rachel Khoo - Entertaining
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Bread
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 10 min
Aaron Craze shares an old family recipe that’s as easy to eat as it is to make
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5.
2. Dust the chops with the flour and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the chops along with the garlic and rosemary for 1-2 minutes on both sides, or until golden-brown all over.
4. Remove the chops and add the onions to the pan. Cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions are softened. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
5. Line a deep roasting tray with aluminium foil, with plenty hanging over the edges. Lay the lamb chops in the tray, then pour over the sauce and seal the foil package. Cook in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until the lamb is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
6. To serve, spoon the lamb chops onto serving plates along with a bit of the sauce. Serve with new potatoes with fresh mint scattered over.
- 2 lamb chops
- 30 g plain flour
- 50 g butter
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
- 350 g tomatoes, skin removed, deseeded and chopped into wedges
- 120 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp torn fresh parsley
- new potatoes, to serve
- fresh mint, to serve