On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries - Cake with Friends
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Classic Twists
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Arthur Potts Dawson serves griddled lamb with violet artichokes smothered in a tahini and lemon dressing, dotted with sesame seeds
Method1. Cook the artichokes in a pan of boiling, salted water until tender - about 15 minutes.
2. Mix the tahini with half of the measured lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle in a dash of olive oil and whisk until the mixture reaches a drizzling consistency, adding more olive oil as necessary. Season with salt and pepper and add two-thirds of the seed mix. Set aside.
3. Preheat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Season the lamb with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Griddle the lamb chops for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned on the outside and still a little pink inside (you can cook the lamb for longer if you prefer your lamb medium or well done).
4. Once the artichokes are tender, drain them and refresh in a bowl of ice-cold water for a few seconds. Drain again.
5. Cut off the tops of the leaves and peel the stalk. Slice the artichokes in half and remove the hairy inner choke.
6. Add the artichokes to the tahini dressing while they are still slightly warm and set aside.
7. Squeeze a little of the remaining lemon juice over the cooking lamb chops once you have turned them. Leave the meat to rest, covered, in a warm place for a few minutes before serving.
8. To serve, arrange the artichokes among two plates and place the cooked lamb chops on top. Drizzle over some olive oil and a squeeze of lemon, to taste. Sprinkle over the remaining seeds and serve.