On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie at Home Christmas Special - Jamie At Home Christmas Special
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 2
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs, plus 1 hour cooling
Oreo cheesecake is baked with a crunchy Oreo base and creamy Oreo topping
Method1. For the base: Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
2. Put the Oreos into a plastic freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs. Tip the bashed cookies into a bowl. Stir in the melted butter and then press the mixture down firmly into a 20cm springform cake tin.
3. Bake for 15 minutes just to harden the crumbs slightly and then leave to cool.
4. For the topping: Beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, sugar and egg yolks together in a bowl, set the egg whites aside. Add the soured cream and beat again. Crumble in the Oreo cookies and stir to combine. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
6. Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture with a large metal spoon, taking care not to knock out the air from the egg whites.
7. Pour the mixture over the cooled base and then bake for 1 hour or until firm but spongy to the touch. Don’t be tempted to open the oven door, this may cause the cheesecake to cave in.
8. Once the cake is golden-brown, turn off the oven. Open the oven door and leave the cake to sit in the oven for a further hour. Remove from the oven and cool completely for 2-3hrs before serving.
Love cheesecake? Take a look at lots more of our favourite cheesecake recipes.