Strawberry jam omelette
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Strawberry jam omelette soufflé, from Jun Tanaka, is a super-light omelette, flavoured with lemon zest, vanilla and jam
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs, putting the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in another smaller one.
2. Add the lemon zest, vanilla seeds and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the to yolks and whisk to mix.
3. Whisk the egg whites for 3 minutes and then add 4 tablespoons of sugar. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks are formed when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
4. Gently fold the egg yolks into the whites until combined. Heat a grill to hot.
5. Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the eggs. Using a fork, drag the cooked egg mixture from the edges of the pan into the centre to ensure the omelette cooks evenly. Once the base is cooked and golden-brown, place the pan under the hot grill to brown the other side.
6. Heat the jam in a small pan or on high in the microwave and drizzle it over the top. Serve the omelette in the pan.