On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas
- 22:00 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Strawberry jam omelette soufflé, from Jun Tanaka, is a super-light omelette, flavoured with lemon zest, vanilla and jam
Method1. Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs, putting the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in another smaller one.
2. Add the lemon zest, vanilla seeds and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the to yolks and whisk to mix.
3. Whisk the egg whites for 3 minutes and then add 4 tablespoons of sugar. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks are formed when the whisk is removed from the bowl.
4. Gently fold the egg yolks into the whites until combined. Heat a grill to hot.
5. Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the eggs. Using a fork, drag the cooked egg mixture from the edges of the pan into the centre to ensure the omelette cooks evenly. Once the base is cooked and golden-brown, place the pan under the hot grill to brown the other side.
6. Heat the jam in a small pan or on high in the microwave and drizzle it over the top. Serve the omelette in the pan.