On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Seafood
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
A colourful dish with yellow and green courgettes, fresh herbs and chilli makes Arthur Potts Dawson’s dish a firm summer staple
Method1. Preheat a griddle pan until smoking.
2. Season the chicken thigh with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place onto the hot griddle pan. Drizzle over some olive oil and cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Place the courgette slices in a colander and sprinkle over some salt. Leave to drain for 5-10 minutes, then rinse away the salt and gently squeeze out any excess liquid.
4. Griddle the courgette slices in the same pan used to cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown and charred.
5. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
6. To serve, pile the courgettes onto a serving plate and sprinkle over half of the cooked garlic and half of the sliced chilli. Thickly slice the chicken thigh and arrange over the courgettes, then sprinkle over the remaining garlic and chilli. Garnish with the chopped mint, then drizzle over the tarragon vinegar and a bit more of the olive oil.
- 1 chicken thighs, bone removed
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 yellow courgette, sliced at an angle into 1cm thick pieces
- 1/2 green courgette, sliced at an angle into 1cm thick pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- tarragon vinegar