Cannoli stuffed with ricotta
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Topped with chocolate sauce, Aldo Zilli’s traditional Italian sweet treats make a perfect dessert
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 50 g candied fruits, finely choped
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves only, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 35 ml coffee, liqueur
- 4 large Cannoli (Italian pastry, wraps) from the supermarket
- 500 g dark chocolate, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 a white Tolberone chocolate bar, broken into peices
- 600 ml double cream
- 50 g butter
- 35 ml coffee
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the chocolate sauce: melt the dark chocolate and Toblerone in a stainless steel bowl over a pan of boiling water.
2. Add the cream and butter and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in the liqueur and set aside.
3. Combine the ricotta, candied fruits, mint, sugar and liqueur in a bowl and mix until well combined.
4. To serve, fill the cannoli tubes with the ricotta filling and drizzle with chocolate sauce.