On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Topped with chocolate sauce, Aldo Zilli’s traditional Italian sweet treats make a perfect dessert
Method1. For the chocolate sauce: melt the dark chocolate and Toblerone in a stainless steel bowl over a pan of boiling water.
2. Add the cream and butter and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in the liqueur and set aside.
3. Combine the ricotta, candied fruits, mint, sugar and liqueur in a bowl and mix until well combined.
4. To serve, fill the cannoli tubes with the ricotta filling and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 50 g candied fruits, finely choped
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves only, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 35 ml coffee, liqueur
- 4 large Cannoli (Italian pastry, wraps) from the supermarket
- 500 g dark chocolate, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 a white Tolberone chocolate bar, broken into peices
- 600 ml double cream
- 50 g butter
- 35 ml coffee