On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Austria
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Weird and Wonderful
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search of Perfection - Trifle
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Galton Blackiston value-for-money marinade is made up of plenty of store-cupboard ingredients, including apple juice to keep the meat moist
Method1. For the marinade: mix all of the marinade ingredients together, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, in a non-reactive shallow dish.
2. Add the chicken legs to the dish; cover and leave to marinade for at least an hour - if you wish to leave the meat to marinade for any longer, you should place it in the fridge and then bring it out to room temperature half an hour before you are ready to cook.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
4. Transfer the chicken legs to a roasting tray, cover with any remaining marinade and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden-brown. Check the meat is cooked through by piercing it in the thickest part with a skewer - if the juices run clear the legs are cooked through.
5. Serve hot with salad.