By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - James Martin
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 6
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Spring is in the Air
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Tristan Welch cooks a light bread and tomato salad, a traditional Tuscan peasant dish that will leave you begging for more
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Chop the bread into 2cm/1in cubes, then toast in a dry pan for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown all over. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl mix together the spring onions, tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil. Drizzle over the rapeseed oil and toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Dip the toasted bread cubes in the mixture to soak briefly, then remove with a slotted spoon and add to the tomato salad. Mix well, then fold in the salad leaves and serve.