On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Louisiana
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 4
- 22:00 - The Great British Bake Off: Wedding Cake Special - The Great British Bake Off: Wedding Cake Special
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Tristan Welch cooks a light bread and tomato salad, a traditional Tuscan peasant dish that will leave you begging for more
Method1. Chop the bread into 2cm/1in cubes, then toast in a dry pan for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown all over. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl mix together the spring onions, tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil. Drizzle over the rapeseed oil and toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Dip the toasted bread cubes in the mixture to soak briefly, then remove with a slotted spoon and add to the tomato salad. Mix well, then fold in the salad leaves and serve.