On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Potatoes and Veg
- 20:30 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Puddings
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Life in the Old Bird?
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Silvana Franco shares her method for the best poached eggs with hollandaise sauce
Method1. For the eggs: add the vinegar to a small pan of just-simmering water and swirl it round rapidly to make a whirlpool. Crack an egg into a cup, then pour into the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 2-3 minutes, or until the white is set. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of warm water while you cook the next egg the same way. Drain both eggs on kitchen paper.
2. For the hollandaise: place the egg yolks into a food processor with some salt and blend to combine.
3. Gently heat the lemon and vinegar together in a small non-reactive pan, then pour into the egg yolk mixture, blending continuously until well combined.
4. Gently melt the butter in the same pan until foaming, then slowly drizzle the melted butter into the egg yolk mixture with the motor running until the mixture comes together to form a thick, creamy sauce.
5. To serve, lay two slices of ham over each toasted muffin half and top with the poached eggs. Pour over the hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.