By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Silvana Franco shares her method for the best poached eggs with hollandaise sauce
For the eggs
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 free range eggs
For the Hollandaise
- 1 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices Parma ham, or Serrano ham
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the eggs: add the vinegar to a small pan of just-simmering water and swirl it round rapidly to make a whirlpool. Crack an egg into a cup, then pour into the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 2-3 minutes, or until the white is set. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of warm water while you cook the next egg the same way. Drain both eggs on kitchen paper.
2. For the hollandaise: place the egg yolks into a food processor with some salt and blend to combine.
3. Gently heat the lemon and vinegar together in a small non-reactive pan, then pour into the egg yolk mixture, blending continuously until well combined.
4. Gently melt the butter in the same pan until foaming, then slowly drizzle the melted butter into the egg yolk mixture with the motor running until the mixture comes together to form a thick, creamy sauce.
5. To serve, lay two slices of ham over each toasted muffin half and top with the poached eggs. Pour over the hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.