On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - The Club, Foo, Tundra & Inn Pub
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus overnight marinating
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Couscous studded with pomegranate and raisin makes a pretty accompaniment to Aaron Craze’s rosemary, garlic and lemon lamb
Method1. For the lamb: put the lamb in a large dish and rub it all over with the rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, and sea salt and pepper; then rub in the olive oil and half of the lemon juice. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 2-3 hours (or overnight) in the fridge, turning occasionally.
2. Remove the lamb from the marinade, pat dry with kitchen paper and season with a little more salt and pepper. Set aside until the meat has reached room temperature. Meanwhile, heat a barbecue or grill until hot.
3. Grill or barbecue the leg of lamb for 12-15 minutes on each side (allow 12 minutes for meat that is pink in the centre, 15 minutes if you prefer it well done). Remove from the heat and transfer to a large platter or carving board.
4. Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and cover with tin foil. Leave the lamb to rest for 15 minutes or more in a warm place.
5. For the Moroccan couscous: mix the raisins, couscous, olive oil and pomegranate seeds in a bowl and bring the stock to a simmer in a pan.
6. Pour the hot stock into the couscous and stir in the butter and some pepper. Mix thoroughly and cover tightly with cling film. After 2-3 minutes, remove the cling film and scatter over the chopped parsley.
7. Put the flatbreads on the barbeque and cook for a minute on each side to brand with bar marks.
8. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add salt and pepper, to taste, if necessary.
9. Slice the lamb and serve with the flatbreads and Moroccan couscous.
For the lamb
- leg of lamb, (about 3kg), boned and butterflied (ask your butcher to do this)
- 5 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bulbs garlic, cut in half around the middle
- 1 unwaxed lemon, juice and zest
- 50 ml olive oil
- 8 flatbreads, to serve
For the Moroccan couscous