On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Luxury Lunches
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Make the most of the sweet firm flesh of black bream served whole with roasted peppers and Swiss chard
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan. Season the inside of the black bream with salt and pepper, and fill the cavity with the fresh oregano.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil to the pan and fry the bream on one side until browned. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook the fish for 5 minutes and then turn over. Sprinkle half of the dried oregano onto the cooked side and cook for a further 10 minutes in the oven, or until you can put a fork through the fish with no resistance.
4. Cut the red pepper into quarters lengthways, arrange on a roasting rack over a roasting tray and sprinkle with wild oregano, the garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place in the oven to cook for 25 minutes. Once cooked, the peppers should resemble sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Blanch the chard in a pan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and dress the chard with a squeeze of lemon and the remaining olive oil.
6. Serve the fish at once with the red peppers and blanched chard.