On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie Does... - Andalucia
- 21:00 - Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food - Food for Friends
- 21:30 - Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food - Outdoor Food
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Theo Randall’s tomato pasta dish is a great mid-week staple and will be on the table in no time at all
Method1. Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the aubergine until golden-brown on both sides. Remove and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. In a second saucepan, soften the garlic in half of the remaining olive oil over a very low heat; then add the tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime, chop the aubergine into small cubes and boil the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until tender and cooked through (according to packet instructions).
4. Add the basil and chopped aubergine to the tomato sauce and mix well.
5. Drain the pasta, drizzle the remaining oil over and add the pasta to the tomato sauce. Stir in some of the pecorino cheese (if you wish) and save a little for garnish.
6. Serve the pasta and sauce in bowls topped with more grated cheese (optional).