On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Delicious and Historical
- 20:30 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat is Still Awesome
- 21:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat Glorious Meat
Method1. For the pork skewers: put the pomegranate molasses, water, onion, ground coriander, salt and sugar into a shallow non-metallic bowl and stir until combined. Add the pork and stir to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.
2. For the mango chutney: slice the mango flesh away from the stone and cut into dice. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan, add the mustard seeds and stir until they start to pop - take care as they can leap out of the pan.
3. Add the ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the diced mangoes, sugar, chilli and salt, to taste. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until syrupy. Add the lime juice, taste and add salt if necessary. Set aside to cool.
4. To cook the pork skewers: preheat a griddle or barbecue to high. Drain off the excess marinade from the pork and then thread the meat onto 12 metal skewers. Grill or barbeque for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred and cooked to your liking.
5. For the creamed corn: heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for several minutes until starting to colour. Add the garlic and sweetcorn kernels and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, or until the corn starts to colour. Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the corn is tender.
6. Transfer half of the corn mixture to a blender, cool slightly and purée until smooth. Return the puréed corn to the pan. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Serve the creamed corn with the pork skewers and mango chutney.
For the pork skewers
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 80 ml water
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 kg boneless pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 4cm cubes
For the mango chutney
- 2 alfonso mango, peeled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly grated root ginger
- 75 g sugar
- 1 red chilli, chopped (seeds removed if preferred)
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
For the creamed corn