By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Theo Randall demonstrates an alternative way to make this classic condiment … with a pestle and mortar
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- The mayonnaise will keep for up to three days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the egg yolks into a large, heavy mortar along with the lemon juice and mustard. Mix together vigorously with the pestle until the egg yolk is pale and creamy.
2. Moving the pestle in a continuous, quick circular motion in the mortar, slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream, mixing well until all of the olive oil is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy.