By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
For the burger
- 100 g minced pork
- 100 g minced veal
- 100 g minced beef
For the tomato relish
- 2 beef tomatoes, core and seeds removed, flesh diced
- 1 red chilli, seeds and pith removed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 finely chopped, 1 crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinches sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped, fresh oregano
For the barbecue sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the burger: mix the three minces together in a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. With damp hands, shape the mixture into two patties.
2. For the tomato relish: mix the diced tomato with the chilli and chopped garlic clove together in a bowl. Add the olive oil and a pinch of sugar, then stir in the oregano and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. For the barbecue sauce: mix the soy sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and honey together in a small bowl, then stir in the crushed garlic.
4. Heat the barbecue and grill the burger patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. (Alternatively, grill the burger patties on a hot griddle pan for the same amount of time.) Place the slices of cheese over the patties during the last minute of cooking and add the burger buns to the barbecue to warm through for one minute.
5. To serve spread one tablespoon of the barbecue sauce over one side of the bun, then lay over a few lettuce leaves and place the burger patty on top. Place a few onion rings over, add the sliced gherkins and top with the tomato relish. Drizzle over a bit more barbecue sauce, then top with the second half of the bun.