On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 2)
- 20:30 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 3)
- 21:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 4)
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 20 minutes marinating
- Cook time:
- 10 min
A hearty mixture of pork, veal and beef mince makes for a beautifully toothsome burger in a recipe by Arthur Potts Dawson
Method1. For the burger: mix the three minces together in a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. With damp hands, shape the mixture into two patties.
2. For the tomato relish: mix the diced tomato with the chilli and chopped garlic clove together in a bowl. Add the olive oil and a pinch of sugar, then stir in the oregano and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. For the barbecue sauce: mix the soy sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and honey together in a small bowl, then stir in the crushed garlic.
4. Heat the barbecue and grill the burger patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. (Alternatively, grill the burger patties on a hot griddle pan for the same amount of time.) Place the slices of cheese over the patties during the last minute of cooking and add the burger buns to the barbecue to warm through for one minute.
5. To serve spread one tablespoon of the barbecue sauce over one side of the bun, then lay over a few lettuce leaves and place the burger patty on top. Place a few onion rings over, add the sliced gherkins and top with the tomato relish. Drizzle over a bit more barbecue sauce, then top with the second half of the bun.
For the burger
- 100 g minced pork
- 100 g minced veal
- 100 g minced beef
For the tomato relish
- 2 beef tomatoes, core and seeds removed, flesh diced
- 1 red chilli, seeds and pith removed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 finely chopped, 1 crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinches sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped, fresh oregano
For the barbecue sauce