On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Piedmont
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Feast
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- Makes 6 pancakes
Gary Rhodes and Ezekial Jackson make sweet potato and coconut wraps from Antigua. Try pairing them with pineapple salad for a stunning dessert
Method1. Mix the sweet potato, coconut, flour, sugar and spices in a large bowl. Stir in the butter to make a sticky paste.
2. Lay out a piece of tin foil on a work surface and tip enough mixture to make a rectangle about 5cm by 3cm, and 2cm high. Wrap the tin foil around it to create a sealed packet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
3. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Carefully drop the ducana parcels into the water and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the pan and unwrap before serving.
- 900 g sweet potatoes, finely grated
- 1 small coconut, finely grated
- 55 g plain flour
- 85 g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 g softened butter
Tips and suggestions
- ducana is a perfect match for pineapple salad. It’s a good idea to drizzle over some of the syrup from the pineapple before serving.