On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Georgia to Florida
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Connecticut
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Connecticut Part II
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Strong flavours in the form of cheddar, smoked sausage and tuna are the highlights in Martin Blunos’s recipe
Method1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. For the crispy nibbles: grate the cheese onto a oven tray in little mounds, leaving enough space in between so they don’t stick together when melted. Flatten slightly and place under the grill for 1-2 minutes, or until bubbling and starting to go brown around the edges.
3. Add a thin slice of sausage onto each cheese crisp and return under the grill to cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
4. For the vanilla beer: insert the vanilla pod into the beer bottle and allow to infuse for a few minutes.
5. For the spicy tuna crepes: whisk the eggs together with the flour and milk, until the batter has the consistency of single cream.
6. Heat a non-stick frying pan until smoking, then add a knob of butter and heat until foaming. Add a ladle of the crepe batter into the pan, swirling the pan around to coat the bottom evenly. Fry for about one minute, or until starting to bubble, then flip over the cook for a further minutes, or until golden-brown all over. Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping the crepes on a warm plate until needed.
7. In a bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, capers, chilli and spring onions until well combined.
8. Lay a crepe on a serving plate and spoon some of the spicy tuna mixture into the centre. Roll up the crepe, tucking in the ends. Repeat with the remaining crepes and spicy tuna mixture.
9. Serve the crepes alongside the crispy nibbles and vanilla beer.
For the crispy nibbles
For the vanilla beer
- 1 bottles beer
- 1 vanilla pod, split
For the crepe