On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie Does... - Marrakech
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Everyday Easy
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
For breakfast with a difference, Allegra McEvedy cooks a simple traditional Lebanese egg dish called Beid bi debs el remenn
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat and gently fry the garlic and shallots for about 10 minutes to soften them and release their sweetness.
2. Stir in the allspice, water and pomegranate molasses. Bring to a simmer, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then gently crack the eggs onto the mixture.
3. Poach the eggs until cooked, using the juices around the edges to baste the top of the eggs and keeping a lid on the pan when you're not basting.
4. To serve, lift the eggs from the pan and arrange next to a flatbread, with the onion mixture spooned on top and around. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.