Poached eggs with pomegranate molasses
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
For breakfast with a difference, Allegra McEvedy cooks a simple traditional Lebanese egg dish called Beid bi debs el remenn
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat and gently fry the garlic and shallots for about 10 minutes to soften them and release their sweetness.
2. Stir in the allspice, water and pomegranate molasses. Bring to a simmer, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then gently crack the eggs onto the mixture.
3. Poach the eggs until cooked, using the juices around the edges to baste the top of the eggs and keeping a lid on the pan when you're not basting.
4. To serve, lift the eggs from the pan and arrange next to a flatbread, with the onion mixture spooned on top and around. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.