On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Classic Twists
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 2
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Halfway between a brownie and a pudding, this dessert from Ina Garten is deliciously chocolatey and so easy to make
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Lightly butter a medium sized oval baking dish. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow. Meanwhile, sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside.
3. When the egg and sugar mixture is light and fluffy, reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla seeds, framboise (if using), and the cocoa powder and flour mixture. Mix until just combined. With the mixer still on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined.
4. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared dish and place it in a larger baking pan. Add enough of very hot tap water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the dish and bake for exactly 1 hour. A cake tester inserted 5cm from the side will come out three-quarters clean. The center will appear very under-baked; this dessert is between a brownie and a pudding.
5. Allow to cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Cook’s tip: this dessert can be made up to 3 days in advance. Wrap well, refrigerate, and bring to room temperature before serving.
For more Barefoot Contessa recipes check out Ina Garten's book - The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics