On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Piedmont
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Takeaways
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Ancient Greece
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Tiffany Goodall makes a simple, speedy supper inspired by her travels in Thailand using the nation’s favourite frozen seafood – prawns
Method1 Place the egg noodles in boiling water and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then drain.
2. Heat a large wok on a medium heat with the oil and when hot add the garlic, chillies and ginger. Cook for a minute, stirring all the time and then add in the noodles with a little of the water. Turn up the heat.
3. Now add in the nam pla, oyster sauce, sugar, lime juice, beansprouts and prawns. Stir well.
4. Add the cashew nuts and spring onions. Taste and adjust seasoning - add some more lime juice or nam pla if necessary.
5. Serve the noodles with some lime wedges, coriander leaves and chopped cashew nuts.
- 200 g egg noodles
- 4 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 500 g frozen prawns, defrosted
- a good handfuls salted cashew nuts
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 handfuls coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- wedges of limes