On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Bread
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Spices and Chillies
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Lawrence Keogh makes a delicious chicken chasseur - and you can turn the leftovers into a chicken and mushroom frittata
Method1. Dust the chicken in seasoned flour and pan-fry in vegetable oil until browned all over.
2. In a separate pan sweat the chopped shallots in a knob of butter being careful not to colour, then add the mushrooms and chopped garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add the tomato puree.
3. Cook the tomato puree for 3 minutes then add the white wine and reduce by half.
4. Add the stock and bring to the boil, place the chicken pieces in the sauce and simmer gently for 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken from the sauce and keep warm. Check the consistency of the sauce and if too thin reduce on a gentle heat. Season and add the chicken back into the pan to heat through.
6. Add the tomatoes and tarragon and stir. Leave to infuse for a few minutes. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes.
- 1 free-range chicken, portionned into 8 (2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings, 2 breasts)
- 3 tbsp flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- knob of butter
- 500 ml white wine
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml beef stock
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and cut into large dice
- 2 dessert spoons tomato purée
- 250 g chestnut or button mushrooms, quartered
- 40 g tarragon leaves
- 1 sprigfresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped