Chinese duck stir-fry
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min, plus resting time
This stir-fry from Cherry Valley combines pan-fried duck, oodles of noodles and crunchy vegetables for a speedy supper
- 1 duck breast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 200 g egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm ginger, cut into thin strips
- 0baby handful carrots
- handfulsugar snap peas or mangetout
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- handful spring onions, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- handfulsprigs coriander, finely chopped
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Score the skin of the duck breast and place skin-side down in a cold frying pan. Set over a medium heat and fry gently until the skin has browned. Turn the breast over and drizzle the honey over the skin.
2. When the duck breast has cooked through, take off the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
3. Cook the noodles following the instructions on the packet.
4. Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, carrots, mange tout, peppers and spring onions. Pour over the mirin and soy sauce and stir-fry for a few minutes.
5. Add the noodles and coriander stalks and toss together.
6. Spoon into serving bowls, fan the duck pieces over the top and sprinkle over the coriander leaves.