On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians: Still Hungry - The Alps and Arrangiarsi
- 21:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Cakes
- 21:30 - Two Fat Ladies - Food in the Wild
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 2 hours marinating
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 15 min
This delicious recipe from Cherry Valley for twice-cooked crispy duck tantalises the taste buds with its spicy flavours
Method1. Crush the spring onions and add the remaining ingredients of the first marinade.
2. Put the spring onions inside the duck only and rub the marinade all over the outside of the duck and leave it for two hours.
3. Remove the spring onions and replace with two slices of ginger.
4. Spread the spring onions, the remaining two slices of ginger and the other ingredients of the second marinade on and around the duck.
5. Steam the duck for an hour, cool it and drain it.
6. Heat almost enough oil to cover the duck in a deep frying pan.
7. Once the oil is hot, remove the pan from the heat and place the duck gently in it.
8. Spoon the oil over the duck and fry until the duck is browned all over, returning it to the heat only if the oil cools down too much.
9. Serve with hoisin sauce.