On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Eastern Europe
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Hot and Cold
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Risotto
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Theo Randall cooks a quick winter dish of meaty fish baked in spicy breadcrumbs served with blanched kale
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Fillet the sprats. Lay 4 fillets side by side on greaseproof paper. Crush up then season with salt and pepper, a little of the dried chilli and half the fennel seeds, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley and pine nuts.
3. Lay the last 4 fillets on top, silver side up and add the rest of the topping
4. Bake these in an oven for 5 mins.
5. Serve with blanched kale and dress with a generous portion of good olive oil and lemon juice.