On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Cornwall
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Oxfordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - East Sussex
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 2 min
Thai food is all about creating a balance between spicy, sweet, sour, salty and bitter tastes and Simon Rimmer has the perfect mouth-watering salad to fire up your palate in any weather!
Method1. First make the dressing by blending the lemon grass, salt, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, coriander, shallots and sugar.
2. Season the steak and griddle for 1 minute on each side (or to your preference).
3. Slice the steak, lay the drained noodles in the bottom of the bowls, add everything else and eat immediately.
- 2 x 225 g rump steaks
- 1 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 dashes of fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 handfuls fresh coriander
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into batons
- 3-4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 red bird's eye chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 handfuls watercress
- 150 g rice noodles, soaked in hot water