On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
Method1. For the crumble: put the muesli in a mixing bowl and remove any really large pieces of dried fruit. Add the butter, light brown sugar and flour and rub lightly between your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Place the crumble in a single layer in a large frying pan and toast the mixture over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden. Set aside in a warm place.
3. For the fruit: put the apple and pear wedges in a small frying pan, add a splash of olive oil and place over a medium heat. Sprinkle over a generous amount of light brown sugar, making sure the tops of all the pieces of fruit are covered so the sugar can caramelise properly. When the fruit is golden underneath, turn it over. Add the bay and cinnamon and cook for a further minute.
4. Pour in the vin santo and simmer until all the liquid has evaporated (this will burn off the alcohol). Add a splash of water to the pan to create a sauce and continue cooking until the sauce thickens a little.
5. For the honey mascarpone: stir the honey and mascarpone together in a small bowl until well combined.
6. To serve, spoon the apple and pear mixture into a dessert bowl. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top and serve the honey mascarpone on the side.
For the crumble
- 2 large handfuls luxury muesli
- 100 g butter, diced
- 9 tbsp light soft brown sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 75 g plain flour
For the fruit
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 2 firm Williams pears, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 125 ml vin santo
For the honey mascarpone