Tiramisu cake with mascarpone and vanilla cream
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
- 8 slices
Matt Tebbutt makes his all time favourite cake from his grandmother’s recipe
For the syrup
- 90 g caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- 3 tbsp coffee essence or good-quality strong coffee
- 3 tbsp brandy
For the mascarpone and vanilla cream
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4. Grease a 20cm springform cake tin.
2. For the cake: cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the beaten eggs to the butter mix. Carefully fold in the flour, then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Test it’s cooked all the way through with a skewer. Remove from the oven and cool for a while, still in the tin.
4. Meanwhile, heat together the water, remaining sugar to taste, coffee essence and brandy in a small saucepan, just until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Remove the cake from the tin and place on a serving plate. While the cake is still warm, prick it all over with a skewer or fork and slowly spoon the syrup over it, waiting until it is absorbed before adding more.
6. For the mascarpone and vanilla cream: just before serving, make the mascarpone cream. Stir the mascarpone vigorously in a small bowl to make it smooth, then beat in the crème fraîche, vanilla seeds and icing sugar.
7. Serve the cake warm, with the mascarpone and vanilla cream.