On TV Tonight
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- 23:00 - Rick Stein's Memoirs of a Seafood Chef - Rick Stein's Memoirs of A Seafood Chef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Jamie Oliver’s protégé Aaron Craze cooks a seasonal risotto which serves 6 for under £5!
Method1. Roast the pumkin quarters at 200C/gas 6 for about 45 minutes or until soft. Once done, discard the seeds. Scoop out the flesh, put it in a bowl, season and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sweat the onions, garlic and celery with a pinch of salt for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Pour in the amaretto and continue stirring till the liquid evaporates. Add the stock and the cooked pumpkin and keep stirring clockwise for about 12-15 minutes.
4. Add the parmesan, butter and sage and season to taste. Let the risotto rest for 6 minutes before serving.
- 1 large pumpkin, preferably Crown Prince, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery
- 400 g arborio or carnaroli risotto rice
- 100 ml amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1.5 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 150 g parmesan, grated
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
Tips and suggestions
- To test if the rice is ready, take a grain out and squeeze with your index finger and thumb - there should be a thin white line running through the centre off the grain.