By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Jamie Oliver’s protégé Aaron Craze cooks a seasonal risotto which serves 6 for under £5!
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- To test if the rice is ready, take a grain out and squeeze with your index finger and thumb - there should be a thin white line running through the centre off the grain.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Roast the pumkin quarters at 200C/gas 6 for about 45 minutes or until soft. Once done, discard the seeds. Scoop out the flesh, put it in a bowl, season and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sweat the onions, garlic and celery with a pinch of salt for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Pour in the amaretto and continue stirring till the liquid evaporates. Add the stock and the cooked pumpkin and keep stirring clockwise for about 12-15 minutes.
4. Add the parmesan, butter and sage and season to taste. Let the risotto rest for 6 minutes before serving.