On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Potatoes Galore
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - On Safari
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 2 hours marinating
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Matt Tebbutt prepares a taste of Deep South Mississippi by cooking up spicy fried chicken
Method1. Put the chicken strips into a bowl and add the salt, smoked paprika, garlic, shallot, 1 pinch of sugar, pepper, cayenne, thyme and 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and mix until the chicken is thoroughly coated. Set aside to marinate for 2 hours.
2. For the tomato salsa: combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a pinch of salt and set aside until ready to serve.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, polenta, paprika, garlic powder and the remaining pinch of sugar and stir until well mixed. Dust each strip of marinated chicken with the coating mixture.
4. Heat the fat in a deep pan until hot, then deep-fry the chicken strips in batches until crisp and golden.
5. Serve with the tomato salsa and a bowl of soured cream.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 pinches sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 300 g plain flour
- 85 g polenta
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- oil, for deep frying
- soured cream, for serving
For the tomato salsa