On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage Veg - Power
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg - Bring It On
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Grow Your Own
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Paul Merrett cooks a tapas-style dish of seared Cornish squid with spicy sausage
Method1. For the chickpea purée: put the chickpeas in blender with other ingredients (keep a few whole to add to the squid and chorizo).
2. Blend with little olive oil until you reach a smooth consistency.
3. For the coriander yogurt: Finely chop some coriander and mix with the Greek yogurt.
4. For the squid and chorizo: cut the chorizo into three diagonal slices and pan fry in a little olive oil until cooked through.
5. Remove from pan and set aside chorizo with any oil that has come out.
6. Cut squid into 5cm squares, score and pan fry in the pan used for the sausage until just cooked.
7. Add in a few loose chickpeas, chopped parsley and tomatoes, stir through for a couple of minutes to warm. Serve immediately with the chickpea purée and coriander yogurt.
For the chickpea purée
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas
- 1 pinches cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 1 pinches fennel seeds
- a little lemon zest
- olive oil
For the coriander yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
For the squid and chorizo
- 100 g fresh chorizo
- 1 dashes of olive oil
- 120 g fresh squid
- a few cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 12 oven dried cherry tomatoes
- rocket or pea cress