On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 2)
- 20:30 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 3)
- 21:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 4)
Submitted by: Shazza 71
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Rachel Allen cooks a comforting family meal with Irish chorizo
Method1. Melt the butter or olive oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar. Cook the tomatoes until they have begun to soften, or for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sausage to the pan with the chilli flakes, cream and half the chopped parsley. Allow to simmer with the lid off until the mixture has reduced by half, 10-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Take off the heat and check and adjust the seasoning.
3. Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until it is slightly al dente (8-10 minutes). Once cooked, drain and toss with the sauce.
4. Plate the pasta in a big serving bowl and scatter with the grated parmesan cheese and the rest of the parsley and serve immediately.
- 25 g butter or olive oil
- 700 g freshripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped – or 2 x 400g tins of tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or crushed
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 225 g kabanossi sausage or chorizo, sliced into ½ cm rounds
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 175 ml single cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 500 g farfalle, rigatoni or penne
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan