On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- makes 250ml
Rachel Allen’s delicious lemon curd can be used in tarts, cakes – or even on toast
Method1. Put the butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a saucepan and heat very gently until the butter is melted.
2. Put the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl and beat thoroughly.
3. Pour the beaten eggs into the melted butter mixture and stir carefully over a low heat until the mixture has thickened and will coat the back of a spoon. (If the heat is too high the mixture will scramble. If it does, quickly push it through a sieve.)
4. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the curd into a bowl or into a sterilised jar.
Adapted from Rachel Allen, Bake (Collins)