On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Queensland Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 10 min
It’s no surprise the prawn cocktail is as popular as ever, with the combination of fresh prawns, crunchy lettuce and cocktail sauce making a winning starter.
Method1. For the cocktail sauce, whisk the egg yolks, mustard and vinegar, then pour in the vegetable oil in a thin, steady stream. Continue to whisk until you have the consistency of double cream. Stir in the ketchup, whisky or brandy and cayenne pepper.
2. Mix the lettuce, spring onions and cucumber with a little salt and a squeeze of lemon and put in the bottom of two glasses.
3. Stir the prawns into the cocktail sauce and place on top of the lettuce, finish with a sprinkling of cayenne.
- 300 g coldwater prawns
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut lengthways and finely sliced
- squeeze lemons
For the cocktail sauce