On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 10 min
It’s no surprise the prawn cocktail is as popular as ever, with the combination of fresh prawns, crunchy lettuce and cocktail sauce making a winning starter.
- 300 g coldwater prawns
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut lengthways and finely sliced
- squeeze lemons
For the cocktail sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the cocktail sauce, whisk the egg yolks, mustard and vinegar, then pour in the vegetable oil in a thin, steady stream. Continue to whisk until you have the consistency of double cream. Stir in the ketchup, whisky or brandy and cayenne pepper.
2. Mix the lettuce, spring onions and cucumber with a little salt and a squeeze of lemon and put in the bottom of two glasses.
3. Stir the prawns into the cocktail sauce and place on top of the lettuce, finish with a sprinkling of cayenne.