On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Donut Showdown - The Great Canadian Donut
- 20:30 - Donut Showdown - Harvest
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Calabash, Chuck's Burger Bar, Sky Blue Sky
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Curd is mixed into a light mousse and dolloped over a colourful mixture of tomatoes in Jun Tanaka’s pretty starter
Method1. In a mixing bowl, lightly whip the cream and add salt and pepper, to taste. Put the goats’ curd in a separate bowl and fold half of the cream into the curd until fully combined. Add the other half until it reaches a mousse consistency. Stir in the chives.
2. Thinly slice the beef, yellow and green tomatoes and set aside half of the tomatoes.
3. Put the remaining tomato slices into a pan, along with all of the whole cherry tomatoes, and a splash of olive oil. Sprinkle in the pinenuts, add the onion, honey, a sprig each of tarragon and thyme and a splash of cider vinegar. Cook for a minute or two and then remove from the heat and allow all the flavours to infuse.
4. Rub the rye bread with the garlic clove. Arrange the uncooked slices of beef tomato on top of the bread, drizzle some of the pan juice over the top and place the raw yellow and green tomatoes on top. Place the cooked tomatoes on top and cover with the remainder of the contents of the pan.
5. Place a spoonful of the goats’ curd mousse on top of each slice of rye bread and serve.
- 4 tbsp heaped goats curd
- 8 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 beef tomato
- 1 yellow tomato
- 1 green tomato
- 6 cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- splashes olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine kernels
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 sprigs tarragon
- 1 sprigs thyme
- splashes cider vinegar
- 2 thick slices rye bread
- 1 cloves garlic, bashed slightly