On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Pies
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Seafood in its shell is cooked with ginger and spring onions for Chinese finger food at its best – from Gary Rhodes
Method1. If using crabs, halve them between the eyes with a sharp knife. Dust the cut sides with cornflour and set aside. If using prawns, leave them whole.
2. Heat the sesame oil in a wok. Add the ginger, cover with a lid and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the spring onions and cook for a further 5-6 minutes to release the flavours into the oil.
3. Add the prawns or crab halves to the wok, floured-side down, with the Chinese wine. Cover with the lid and cook for 3-10 minutes, depending on size. Remove the crabs or prawns from the pan, leaving behind the ginger and spring onions.
4. Mix the red wine vinegar and ginger together to make a dipping sauce to serve with the seafood. Eat with your fingers.