On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Spicy Sichuan
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Cooking for Friends and Family
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Taste the essence of summer in Andrew Webb’s ambrosial combination of gooseberry, elderflower and softly whipped cream
Method1. In a covered pan, cook the gooseberries with 1-2 tablespoons of water until soft.
2. Pass the cooked gooseberries through a mouli or sieve, to puree them. Stir in the cordial and taste for sweetness. Add the sugar as needed.
3. Half an hour before serving, whip the cream until stiff, but not rigid. Fold the cream into the puree, and then chill until needed.
4. Serve the fool with almond thins or sponge fingers.
- 500 g gooseberries
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 65-85 g caster sugar
- 284 ml double cream
- Jules Destrooper Almond Thins or sponge fingers, to serve
Tips and suggestions
- the secret of a perfect fool is to whip the cream and stir it in as close to serving as possible.