Gooseberry and elderflower fool
From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Taste the essence of summer in Andrew Webb’s ambrosial combination of gooseberry, elderflower and softly whipped cream
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- the secret of a perfect fool is to whip the cream and stir it in as close to serving as possible.
- 500 g gooseberries
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 65-85 g caster sugar
- 284 ml double cream
- Jules Destrooper Almond Thins or sponge fingers, to serve
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a covered pan, cook the gooseberries with 1-2 tablespoons of water until soft.
2. Pass the cooked gooseberries through a mouli or sieve, to puree them. Stir in the cordial and taste for sweetness. Add the sugar as needed.
3. Half an hour before serving, whip the cream until stiff, but not rigid. Fold the cream into the puree, and then chill until needed.
4. Serve the fool with almond thins or sponge fingers.