On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Eastern Europe
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Hot and Cold
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Risotto
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
- makes 8 slices
Anjum Anand gives an Indian twist to this Italian classic with chilli and herb-flecked paneer
Method1. Toast the slices of bread until crisp and brush with olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, crumble the paneer into smallish pieces in a bowl. Add the spring onions, chillies, coriander, mint leaves and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and the black pepper and stir in a good splash of olive oil to moisten. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
3. Pile the mixture onto the slices of toast and serve.
See Anjum Anand’s recipe for homemade paneer