On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Queensland Part I
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- 22:00 - The River Cottage Treatment - The River Cottage Treatment
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
A vibrant dish from Sophie Grigson with all the colours and textures of summer
Method1. For the pesto: pop all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until you get a spoonable consistency.
2. For the lamb: heat a griddle pan. Rub the lamb steaks with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and griddle for 5-7 minutes on each side depending how pink you like your lamb. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest.
3. For the vegetables: cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again and mix with the cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts and onion.
4. To serve, slice the lamb thinly. Divide the salad leaves between four plates and arrange the vegetables and lamb on top. Drizzle a little pesto over each.
For the pesto
- 1 small cloves garlic
- 50 g basil, leaves only
- 25 g toasted hazelnuts
- 25 g finely grated hard cheese, British
- 6 tbsp olive oil
For the lamb
For the vegetables