Pan-fried peppers with chorizo rice
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
An easy chicken supper dish with Spanish flavours from Silvana Franco
- 125 g long grain rice
- pinches strands saffron
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- knob of butter
- 1 chicken breast, roughly cubed
- 100 g spicy chorizo sausages, skin removed and thickly sliced
- handfuls Padron peppers, stalks removed, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- splashes white wine
- handfuls flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Boil the rice with the saffron and stock cube for 15 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the peppers, onion and a knob of butter and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and chorizo and cook for 15 minutes until the onions are very soft and golden and the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the pardon peppers and the paprika and cook for a minute then add the wine and cook for a minute more.
4. Stir in the cooked rice and the parsley and check for the seasoning. Sharpen with a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.