On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Classic Twists
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 2
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 30 min
Matt Tebbutt’s rustic dish is an easy dinner pleaser, served with asparagus and mushrooms
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Reserve a knob of butter and set aside. Grate the lemons and mix the zest and the chopped chives with the rest of the butter. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Slice the lemons and one garlic head in half and place into the cavity of the chicken, along with the bay leaves and one sprig of thyme.
4. Loosen the skin from the flesh of the chicken from the bottom to the top and stuff the lemon butter under the skin carefully, rubbing the skin to even out the butter. Try and stuff the butter all over the chicken. Season well with salt and pepper, then place into the oven to roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, dice the beetroot stalks finely and lightly fry in olive oil with some chopped garlic. Add the shredded beetroot leaves and lightly fry for 1-2 minutes.
6. In another pan, melt the reserved knob of butter and lightly fry the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus and toss together in the pan. Stir in the remaining thyme.
7. Pile the beetroot stalks and leaves onto a serving plate, and portion the chicken and place on top. Arrange the mushrooms and asparagus on the side and serve.