On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 2 hours chilling
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Diana Henry’s smooth and creamy dessert gets an extra flavour punch when served with juicy poached loquat fruits
Method1. For the posset: put the cream and the sugar into a heavy bottomed saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, stirring from time to time to help the sugar dissolve. Turn the heat down slightly and let the cream simmer for 3 minutes, making sure it doesn’t bubble over.
2. Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl and whisk in the lemon juice. Add the preserved ginger and syrup. Divide the mixture between 6 small glasses and allow to cool, then refrigerate for 1-2 hours until set.
3. For the loquats: put the loquats in a small saucepan with the sugar and water to cover them and the lemon juice and vanilla. Heat very gently and let the loquat poach for 5-6 minutes until just tender. Drain, and let the loquats cool completely.
4. To serve, spoon some loquats onto the top of each glass of posset.
For the posset
- 500 ml double cream
- 140 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 2 tbsp preserved stem ginger syrup
- 1 preserved stem ginger, finely chopped
For the loquats
- 6 loquat, halved and destoned
- 7 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 3 drops vanilla extract