By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 3 hrs 30 min
Tom Parker Bowles' recipe for this famous Belgian casserole of beef cooked in a rich, dark beer sauce is ideal for both family and entertaining
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 2.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the dripping in a heavy-based frying pan and fry the onion until lightly coloured but not brown. Lift out with a slotted spoon and transfer to a shallow casserole.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour with the mustard powder and toss the meat cubes in the mixture to coat.
4. Heat the remaining dripping in the frying pan, brown the meat in batches and transfer to the casserole.
5. Add the vinegar, beer and stock to the frying pan with the sugar and herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and stir until simmering, scraping any residue from the bottom of the pan.
6. Pour the sauce over the meat and onions, cover tightly and cook in the oven for 3 hours. Remove the bouquet garni and stir in the mustard.
7. Serve with mashed potato.