On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Game and Mushrooms
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Bread
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
This is Clodagh McKenna’s take on the Italian classic, salsiccia con lentils, using new season fava beans and pork
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the onion, smoked bacon and garlic. Lightly fry until golden brown.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, water, sausages, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Bring the stew to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the fava beans from the pods and then stir into the sausage mixture and allow to cook for a further 20 minutes.
4. Serve with rice.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100 g smoked bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 250 ml water
- 100 g pork sausages, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 800 g fava beans
- rice, to serve
Tips and suggestions
- If fava beans are out of season use green beans.