Fava and sausage stew
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
This is Clodagh McKenna’s take on the Italian classic, salsiccia con lentils, using new season fava beans and pork
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the onion, smoked bacon and garlic. Lightly fry until golden brown.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, water, sausages, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Bring the stew to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the fava beans from the pods and then stir into the sausage mixture and allow to cook for a further 20 minutes.
4. Serve with rice.