Smoked salmon with horseradish and potato salad
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Jun Tanaka tea-smokes salmon in a wok for this simple and classic dish
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Line a large wok with foil and sprinkle over the tea leaves. Put a bamboo steamer on top of the tea. Heat the wok for 4-5 minutes until the tea has begun to smoke.
2. Once the tea is smoking, put the salmon in the top layer of the steamer, flesh-side down. Smoke until the bottom quarter of the salmon has turned an opaque pink. Remove from the steamer.
3. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender and drain.
4. Mix the crème fraîche, horseradish, mustard and the juice of half a lemon with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add half this mixture to the cooked potatoes and sprinkle over the dill. Set the rest aside.
5. Score the skin of the salmon and rub with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Heat a frying pan and cook the salmon, skin-side down for 3-4 minutes until it is almost cooked through but still a little rare on the inside. Turn over, add a knob of butter to the pan and baste the salmon fillet. Cook for one more minute.
6. Dress the pea shoots with a drizzle of olive oil.
7. Serve the salmon with the potato salad and pea shoots.