On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Party Food
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen's Everyday Kitchen at Christmas - Rachel Allen's Everyday Kitchen at Christmas
- 21:00 - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Jun Tanaka tea-smokes salmon in a wok for this simple and classic dish
Method1. Line a large wok with foil and sprinkle over the tea leaves. Put a bamboo steamer on top of the tea. Heat the wok for 4-5 minutes until the tea has begun to smoke.
2. Once the tea is smoking, put the salmon in the top layer of the steamer, flesh-side down. Smoke until the bottom quarter of the salmon has turned an opaque pink. Remove from the steamer.
3. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender and drain.
4. Mix the crème fraîche, horseradish, mustard and the juice of half a lemon with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add half this mixture to the cooked potatoes and sprinkle over the dill. Set the rest aside.
5. Score the skin of the salmon and rub with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Heat a frying pan and cook the salmon, skin-side down for 3-4 minutes until it is almost cooked through but still a little rare on the inside. Turn over, add a knob of butter to the pan and baste the salmon fillet. Cook for one more minute.
6. Dress the pea shoots with a drizzle of olive oil.
7. Serve the salmon with the potato salad and pea shoots.