By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Matthew Fort pays homage to the flavours of Central Italy with this wholesome, warming starter
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cook the farro, chickpeas, lentils and pearl barley in a pot of boiling unsalted water, according to cooking times on the packets. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and lightly fry the onions and carrots until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the pulses, and enough water or stock to make it as thick or as thin as you prefer. Bring to the boil, then season well with salt and pepper.
4. Pour into serving bowls. sprinkle over the chopped parsley and drizzle over some olive oil.