On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Los Angeles
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 10
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Matthew Fort pays homage to the flavours of Central Italy with this wholesome, warming starter
Method1. Cook the farro, chickpeas, lentils and pearl barley in a pot of boiling unsalted water, according to cooking times on the packets. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and lightly fry the onions and carrots until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the pulses, and enough water or stock to make it as thick or as thin as you prefer. Bring to the boil, then season well with salt and pepper.
4. Pour into serving bowls. sprinkle over the chopped parsley and drizzle over some olive oil.