On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes, 5
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Bread
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Mark Hix’s upmarket mushy peas make a great side dish for fish or lamb
Method1. Heat 25g of the butter in a medium pan and gently fry the shallot until soft, but not browned.
2. Add the peas, vegetable stock and mint. Season. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
3. Tip the contents of the pan into a food processor and blend to a coarse purée, adding the rest of butter. Taste for seasoning.