Pork burgers with chilli and coriander
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- 500 g minced pork
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 handfuls coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- olive oil, for mixing and frying
- 1 large handfuls seasonal salad leaves
- balsamic vinegar, for dressing salad
- 1 loaf country bread, sliced thickly
For the chilli mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, red pepper, chilli, cumin, coriander, egg yolk and a splash of olive oil and mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Shape the pork mixture into burger patties.
3. Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the patties until they are browned on both sides and cooked through.
4. For the chilli mayonnaise: combine the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl.
5. Dress the salad leaves with a vinaigrette of olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar to taste.
6. Toast the bread slices.
7. To serve, spread the toast slices with a little chilli mayonnaise, add some dressed salad leaves and top with a pork patty.