On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers - Teatime Treats
- 20:30 - The Hairy Bakers - Pies and Pasties
- 21:00 - River Cottage Spring - River Cottage Spring, 3
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Forced rhubarb is even sweeter than its seasonal counterpart, so make use of them in Clodagh McKenna’s quick and effortless recipe for an old British favourite
Method1. Boil the water in a saucepan and dissolve the sugar, stirring constantly. Add half the lemon zest and rhubarb and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the rhubarb has softened.
2. Drain the rhubarb, then pile into a large mixing bowl with the meringues, whipped double cream, and half of the almonds. Stir together well.
3. To serve, spoon the mixture into a glass dessert bowl and sprinkle over the rest of the almonds and lemon zest.
Eton Mess Recipe