Rhubarb eton mess
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Forced rhubarb is even sweeter than its seasonal counterpart, so make use of them in Clodagh McKenna’s quick and effortless recipe for an old British favourite
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Boil the water in a saucepan and dissolve the sugar, stirring constantly. Add half the lemon zest and rhubarb and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the rhubarb has softened.
2. Drain the rhubarb, then pile into a large mixing bowl with the meringues, whipped double cream, and half of the almonds. Stir together well.
3. To serve, spoon the mixture into a glass dessert bowl and sprinkle over the rest of the almonds and lemon zest.
Eton Mess Recipe