On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Add these delicious pork dumplings from Dorian Chan to a dim sum dinner
Method1. For the wrapper dough: combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the egg yolks and water and knead together for 3-4 minutes. Cover with damp cloth and set aside.
2. For the filling: blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water. Drain and chop finely.
3. Mix all filling ingredients and add about 2 tablespoons of cold water to loosen the mixture a little.
4. Roll the wrapper dough into cylinder and cut into 24 equal pieces. Roll out each piece to 10cm rounds. Place spoonful of filling in round; gather the edges and pinch closed.
5. Line a steamer with the 4 cabbage leaves and steam the dumplings for 18 minutes.
6. To serve: mix with shredded ginger and Chinese vinegar for a dipping sauce. Serve with the dumplings.
For the wrapper dough
For the filling
- 3 medium leaves cabbage
- 200 g lean pork, ground
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- pinches pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour