From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Add these delicious pork dumplings from Dorian Chan to a dim sum dinner
For the wrapper dough
For the filling
- 3 medium leaves cabbage
- 200 g lean pork, ground
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- pinches pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the wrapper dough: combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the egg yolks and water and knead together for 3-4 minutes. Cover with damp cloth and set aside.
2. For the filling: blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water. Drain and chop finely.
3. Mix all filling ingredients and add about 2 tablespoons of cold water to loosen the mixture a little.
4. Roll the wrapper dough into cylinder and cut into 24 equal pieces. Roll out each piece to 10cm rounds. Place spoonful of filling in round; gather the edges and pinch closed.
5. Line a steamer with the 4 cabbage leaves and steam the dumplings for 18 minutes.
6. To serve: mix with shredded ginger and Chinese vinegar for a dipping sauce. Serve with the dumplings.